NTSDE is partnering with schools to provide targeted STEM learning opportunities to students across the NT. There are two programs currently in development.
1. Science and Engineering Challenges
These programs offer:
• hands on problem based learning
• motivating and engaging activities designed to enthuse student’s participation in mathematics, science and design technology
• comprehensive and interactive online instruction through weekly lessons taught by a qualified STEM teacher via REACT
Click here to see more information about this program
2. Targeted Mathematics and Science programs
These short intensive programs provide:
• Specific teaching in high level mathematics and science concepts required by students as a background to undertaking
- Specialist and Mathematical Methods courses
• Opportunities for students to upskill in areas they find challenging within high level STEM subjects
Trials for these courses will commence in Semester 2 2018.